Friday, March 7, 2008

Why are we in this hand basket...

...and why is it so hot in here?

Remember my new season of falltering? It continues to drag on. It snowed this morning. Big fat snowflakes. Lots of snowflakes. hours worth of Snowflakes. In Texas. In March. The forecast says we'll hit the 80's (again, we did last week too) by next weekend. Yup, our world's weather patterns are just jim dandy and normal...move along, nothing to see here.

And I found out I'm not the only one scoffing at the rise in flour prices. Apparently there really is a wheat shortage going on. Hmmm.... I've heard the debate go both ways on whether ethanol is really partly to blame (not being a fan of ethanol myself and being a big opponent of the corn industry, I'm gonna lean towards evil corn messing up my wheat supply). Alas, I don't think I'm quite self-sufficient enough to grow, harvest and mill my own wheat. Hrmph. Give me a few more years.

I should know by now that any time a child is quiet and not bothering you, *something* is going on. Really, I've had 3.5 years of experience, I should have picked up on this.


And it never gets old watching babies pretzel themselves up so they can try to eat their own toes.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...