Monday, April 7, 2008

My grocery deal of the day

By combining sales with coupons at a store that doubles/triples coupons, I managed to pay $1.35 today for:
two pillsbury french bread loafs (the refrigerated dough stuff)
one 4-count pillsbury croissants
two 5-count Grands buttermilk biscuits
one 5-count pillsbury cinnamon rolls
one betty crocker chocolate chocolate chunk cookie mix
one betty crocker cinnamon streusel muffin mix
one lipton alfredo noodle side
one lipton spanish rice side

Price before sales/coupons---$17.86. I would say that was definitely a dollar thirty five worth of food ;-) On the croissants and the cinnamon rolls, I actually got more money off than what the item cost. It doesn't happen often, but I love it when a store pays ME to take something. Even though I always say only use a coupon if you were already going to get the item, sales like this are why I cut coupons I never have an intention of using (I'd usually make all those things from scratch, I wouldn't have used all those coupons if there wasn't such a big sale). I always check the clearance rack for things that are cheaper than what my coupon's for. If something is $0.75 and your coupon is for $1 off, most stores still give you the full $1. You can also combine store coupons with manufacturer coupons a lot of times (Fred Meyer in Utah was the best for this---I got a TON of cheerios for $0.40 a box one time when we lived there).

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...