Wednesday, January 6, 2010

On the 12th day of Christmas...

...my true love gave to me King Cake! Happy 12th day of Christmas, also known as the Feast of the Epiphany. A day for King Cake.

And in honor of this, I also had my own epiphany this morning: health goals and housecleaning goals are contradictory. When your whole family's been home trashing the house for almost 2 weeks and everyone heads back to school, the stay at home mom of the family is suddenly facing a day full of serious cleaning (my goal is to be able to take down the biohazard signs by the end of the day. I kid! I kid! sorta...). Who wants to tackle a massive to do list on a stomach full of oatmeal and fruit? I say start the day with a treat! Go ahead and let the car veer towards the donut shop and reward yourself before you even get started. And this is why I have never made any progress on my lofty ideal of drastically reducing refined sugar in our diets. I have a very addictive personality. Thankfully I recognize this, respect it, and my strongest addiction is sugar.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...