Sunday, October 28, 2007

Riddle Me This

I think the stinkiest side effect of having a baby is the post partum block of time when you can't fit into your jeans. About once a week, I get out my jeans and try them on. My hips have finally gone back to normal and I can pull them up, but the baby belly's not totally gone, so they don't yet button. The jeans I've been trying on are size 7 Arizonas (please no "oh poor kim, you can't fit into a 7 three months post partum" comments....I don't mind being a size 8, the irksome part is that all of my decent work clothes are size 4, so they don't fit and I loathe spending money on clothes). Anyways, I accidently grabbed a different pair of jeans yesterday and they fit!! But they're size 5 Arizonas. How can a *smaller* size of the same brand fit?!? I pulled out the 7's again just to make sure, and they still don't button up. what the.....

And you know you've been appropriately indoctrinated into mom-hood when you get thrown up on twice in one morning (well, the toddler took her turn in the middle of the night, and Sedona really just spit up, but it was a copious amount and she never spits up) and don't once feel ill or grossed out yourself. How is it our own vomit is repulsive, but our children's is not really a big deal??

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...