Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Where'd the Texas heat go??

I've been thinking about it for several days and I've decided that I HATE getting up in the morning. Truly, fully despise it. As if it's not bad enough forcing my eyes open at the ungodly hour of 6:30am (I don't think that would ever be okay for my body, not even if I went to bed at 8--and I do go to bed by 10), it is now cold. So I have to drag myself from my nice warm bed and sleeping, snuggly baby girl just so I can change from my nice, warm, cozy pajamas into cold, not comfy work clothes. It's seriously the worst part of the day. And it sucks that the worst part of the day is the very first thing that happens every day. Though I suppose you could argue that from there "it could only get better!" (stinkin' happy morning people). One day last week I decided I'd take a shower to warm up. I had a grand scheme where I took all my clothes into the bathroom with me and turned on the water real hot so it'd steam up the whole bathroom and make it all warm and cozy, right??? WRONG! I spent 30 minutes huddling under the oh so nice and warm water while a thin stream of icy cold air slipped past a little wrinkle in the shower curtain, taunting me with me own lack of forethought (at 6:30 in the morning, remember. I never claimed to have great logic at 6:30 in the morning). I'm a Texas girl. I LIKE the heat. I don't even mind the humidity. And while everyone else dances around and talks about what a nice day it is and how they're so happy the high's are in the low 70's, I'm COLD. And when I ask for summer back, Josh cruelly reminds me that we haven't even finished *fall* yet, much less gotten through winter and spring. As Josh and I say.....I have woe.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...