Sunday, February 24, 2008

Flattery

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery...right??

Sierra has decided she needs to copy cat whatever we say. This started because she would "read along" while we were reading to her. It was like when a person who has absolutely no clue what the lyrics to a song are tries to sing along. Okay, she's trying to learn, so whatever, I just let her do it. Well, now she does it in the course of normal conversation. I'll say something to Sedona or Josh and this faint little voice repeats everything I'm saying. We keep getting on to her for it (especially when it's getting onto Sedona...i.e. "no biting Sedona"), but she keeps doing it. Today we had this conversation:

Me: Sierra, quit copying
Sierra (in her most exasperated voice): UH! I'm talking to my brain! My own brain. I'm not talking to you.
Me: Well, if you're not talking to me, I shouldn't be able to hear you
{conversation continues, Sierra stops the copying}
Sierra: Momma! Momma! I'm talking to my own brain quietly so you can't hear!

oh, good grief! Not only is it annoying, but it's extra annoying that you have to try not to laugh while it's going on!

She also "charlie browned" herself today. It was a really nice day, so we were all out in the backyard and I was trying to teach her how to throw a football. She got pretty good at that, and we moved on to punting. She could not get the concept of just dropping the ball and kicking it, she kept throwing it up in the air (usually behind her) and then kicking. Poor kid kicked so hard one time that she ended up flat on her back. Gotta give her an A+ for effort ;-)

1 comment:

Karen said...

I totally understand about the whole copying thing. Kaily does it to us. Your converstaion sounds exactly like one we would have with our 3 yr old. Good to know I'm not alone in the insanity

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...