Friday, October 31, 2008

Wow

I learn something new every day. Today I logged onto an old friend's blog and found a really fascinating post about the women's suffrage movement. I never knew all of the violence involved (you'd think they would've covered that in AP History when I was in high school....). Well, you know me, I don't trust anyone, and especially not email forwards (which is where she got the post from), so I started searching around for more information. Turns out all the horribleness is real.

Snopes Article: Why Women Should Vote
About.com article on Occoquan Workhouse's "Night of Terror"
Library of Congress article on the techniques of the National Woman's Party Suffrage Campaign--check out the "arrests and imprisonment" section

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...