Monday, May 11, 2009

I Scream for Ice Cream

I decided to make ice cream yesterday and got a little creative with the flavoring:

Pina Colada Ice Cream
This was to fill a full size ice cream freezer, easy to scale down for smaller freezers

2 cans coconut milk
4.5 cups whole milk
2 cups sugar
1 cup shredded coconut (optional...I liked it, Sierra didn't)
1 small can crushed pineapple (I drained it)
1 tsp coconut flavoring (again, optional)
1 tsp vanilla
about 1.5 cups milk---to bring volume up to fill line (I used evaporated milk because it's slightly thicker and sweeter than regular milk and I had it on hand)

Mix all ingredients and freeze according to machine directions. Once soft set, spoon into containers and freeze for 2-3 hours before serving. Very, Very yummy.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...