Monday, August 16, 2010

Student Photo Week

Not Back to School Blog HopIt's student photo week on the Not-Back-To-School Blog Hop, so step right up and meet our students!

Sierra's my precocious 5 year old. She definitely keeps us on our toes! She has an early October birthday and was quite far ahead, so we decided to make last year her Kindergarten year. She was at a Montessori school in our old town for that and did amazingly well. So this year, she considers herself a first grader. She is currently doing a mix of first and second grade work, and based on the pace she's going at, I'm thinking she will be on all second grade with a little third grade work thrown in by the end of the year. Her favorite subject right now is geography and she excels at reading, while needing a little more guidance and TLC when it comes to math. She's been helping daddy build a new bed for the girls this weekend

Sedona's my playful 3 year old. She wants to do whatever big sister is doing, but just doesn't have the patience to sit still at all yet. She's interested in books, but seems much more naturally talented at numbers. I work with her on her speech therapy exercises and phonics (the two go together quite well) and when she's given a choice, she gravitates towards "money" (counting coins) and "writing" (tracing lines and letters).
Sedona shucking corn. Takes her a while, but she does a really good job!

And this little girl already has a pretty big impact on our day (I'm not a morning person anyway and pregnancy doesn't help). We expect she'll be joining us sometime between Halloween and Thanksgiving (her sisters were a little early, so we won't be surprised if she is too). I'm just hoping that newborn "bump on a log" stage will last long enough to get me through this year and then I'll worry about how I'm going to incorporate a really young child into our homeschool set up!!

5 comments:

Jessica @ Mother of Action said...

Beautiful photos!! The corn is making me hungry!!! Have a wonderful, safe delivery of your new baby!!

Brandy said...

Wow! Your belly has really grown since the last picture! So cute!

The Hills said...

I know! I keep feeling like I'm huge all of a sudden, so I measured and I'm an inch bigger around than I was a week ago!

Karen said...

What adorable girls! And another one on the way. I just love little girls.
Enjoyed 'meeting' you and hope 2010-2011 is an awesome year!
Homeschooling Rocks!

Dr. White said...

Great pictures! You look fantastic...keep the belly pics coming! :) I'm going to be living vicariously through your homeschooling posts! What a great adventure!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...