Friday, October 22, 2010

Still Pregnant (Go Me!)

Baby girl #3 is still hanging out just where she belongs for now. We've gotten to the point where the odds are hugely in our favor that she'll be fine whenever she's born, but obviously, every extra day is a bonus. I've worked with enough babies to truly understand that a near term baby is not a full term baby. Little things like being sleepier and skinnier and having a little more trouble with their suck/swallow/breathe organization can add up. Being more susceptible to infection (especially respiratory infections) and being born in cold and flu season doesn't help either. So we've relaxed a lot because we're likely past the point of a NICU stay, but we're still trying our best to get her to stay put for now.

Earlier this week, I had my appointment with my midwife and also her back-up doctor. Aside from having every early labor sign in the book, things look really good. I had the doctor confirm that she really is a she (one of the first things I said after Sedona was born was, "is she still a girl???" so I thought I'd go ahead and get that question out of the way now). She also looks like she's a good size for her age.

Not long ago, I had a very talented friend offer to take some pictures for us before I had the baby. Since the baby could be coming any day now, we decided to stop putting it off and get the pictures done a few days ago. Didn't she do a wonderful job?!?



2 comments:

Karen said...

Cute pics, and yea for baby staying where she needs to be for now.

Brandy said...

Aww! Thanks for the shout-out! :) Can't wait to take some pics of Lil Miss, whenever she comes out!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...