Monday, February 2, 2009

Planting Time!

TennZen and I seem to be on the same page yet again! It is time to start seeds indoors for spring planting! For most things, you want to start seeds about 8 weeks before you want to transplant. For our area, the last frost date is March 5 and I'm with TennZen about milder winters, shorter springs and hotter summers---I'm going with early planting this year. Technically, some of our seeds are starting "late", but that's because the plants got "leggy" last year as we waited for a freak March snow storm to blow through and we want to avoid that this time. Our beds are ready to go, our gro-light and pots are set up and full of soil, and on my chore list for this week is to put seeds in all those little pots. I'll update with pictures this week as we work our way through.

Also have a baby-wearing update. I had mentioned how much Sedona loves the wrap--I caught pictures. She pulled the wrap out, brought it to me and held it up like, "here, put this on". When I grabbed the camera, instead of the wrap, she pulled it around herself like she was trying to get herself wrapped up.

When I did put her in, she tucked her arms in (as usual), snuggled up and sighed the contented baby sigh. All was right in her world, and that's all I can ask for mine :-)

2 comments:

TennZen said...

Hey, I think you and I must have been separated at birth or something! :D

Good luck with your garden this year... may you have a mega bumper crop!

Megan said...

That first picture is one of the most adorable I've seen in a long time!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...