Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Success

I think
it's safe to say
Sedona enjoyed
her birthday

And another tidbit of information...pregnancy might be one of the worst possible times to royally fry the skin on your shoulders. You can't lay on your stomach because the baby's in the way. You can't lay on your back because it makes you feel icky and it's bad for the baby. Laying on either side is the only option, which requires you to just suck it up and deal with the pain of smooshing your sunburned shoulder into the bed. My arms and legs are fine now, but my shoulders are still very red. They feel bruised and are starting to blister. But all it took was some pink frosting, a jar of sprinkles, a new nightgown and blindingly shiny shoes to make a 3 year old's day, so life is good.

2 comments:

Karen said...

I burned really bad over the 4th, my arms and legs and chest. I totally understand your pain. Sedona looks SO cute! It's nice that they enjoy the small things this age.

Big Fat Gini said...

She's so stinkin' cute! I'm glad she had such a great day!

As for the sunburn, I'm not sure if you can use it during pregnancy since it contains lidocaine, but I bought some Solarcaine for the boys at Wal*Mart after 4th of July weekend and it helped quite a bit with the discomfort. I was glad I had it on hand when I got burned at the pool over the weekend, too.

Hope you get some relief soon!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...