Thursday, July 10, 2008

Wow

Sierra wanted to do a workbook page about Texas today. There was a wordsearch and one of the words was "Alamo". As soon as I said the word, she got all excited...."I know about the Alamo!! Ms. Lydia taught me about the Alamo! There are bad guys there and they're shooting good guys and bad guys and that's really mean and the police are gonna come and take them to jail!" I explained to her that they aren't fighting at the Alamo anymore, it was a long, long time ago. She thought about that for a moment and said, "oh...it was when you were a little girl?" wow. didn't know I was that old ;-) I have a bit more empathy for my dad now---my brother asked him once, "dad, did the indians chase you to school when you were a little boy?"

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...