Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Goals for 2011

Let's face it, New Years Resolutions never work out too well. But goals...with a measurable objective and a regular progress update, that's another matter entirely. So I'm going to try my hand at planning, and sticking to, a few goals for 2011.

Save at least 10% of our income: This means cold, hard, emergency fund cash. Paying towards student loans or the mortgage doesn't count. Only money that is specifically transferred to a separate account we have that we never touch.

Complete 12 sewing projects throughout the year: It doesn't have to be one every month, but it does have to be 12 different things, no repeats. Right now, I'm planning on making my own Kindle cover, Finishing both quilts (though hand quilting that King quilt might be the end of me!) and sewing some diapers. Bonus points if I come up with, and finish, some Christmas presents months ahead of time.

Exercise: I want to tone up and get over the pregnancy aches and pains without losing weight. Success will be measured by not throwing my lower back out at any point after March 31, comfortably fitting into my favorite skirts by July 31, and the ability to run one mile without stopping at some point before the end of the year (even when I finished a half marathon in 2.5 hours, there was a LOT of walking involved)

Work my Brain: I need to send in my packet to re-certify as an International Board Certified Lactation Consultant by February 28, 2012. I need to accumulate 75 continuing education hours for that and I want them all done in 2011 so I can send my packet in as soon as the forms for 2012 are available.

I plan to revisit each goal at least once every 3 months and perhaps add more if they're going really well. There are some more nebulous things like be more organized and drink more water that I want to work on, but I'm going to focus on things I can easily measure over the long term rather than those things that can get discouraging after one off day.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...