Friday, September 14, 2007

Certified, Qualified and Authorized

Got a call from the lovely Ms. Kim at the Mother's Milk Bank of Austin. I passed my infectious disease testing with flying colors (woohoo for no HIV, Hep B, Hep C, HTLV, or syphillus ;-) and am officially a milk donor! Good thing since I currently have 52 ounces of milk sitting in my freezer for them. A full milk supply is around 25-30 ounces per day. I'm exclusively nursing Sedona (she's yet to have a bottle, it just hasn't come up) and pumping about 13 ounces a day (I set aside 7 ounces for the milk bank and whatever's left over gets put in our own stock pile for Sedona). Pretty soon I'll have enough milk for twins---yikes! This also means I'm burning approximately another 250 calories a day. A steady diet of Kolaches and ice cream has managed to balance out my weight loss and I'm now averaging the normal, healthy, one pound a week loss. I'm pretty good where I am (people keep commenting that I'm already down to pre-preggo size), but I'm still 18 pounds over pre-pregnancy weight.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...