Saturday, September 29, 2007

Where Does the Time Go??

Both of the girls had check ups at the pediatrician yesterday. Sierra is almost 3 years old and Sedona is just over 2 months old. Sierra was 37.5 inches and 31 pounds (tall and skinny). Sedona was 22 inches and 12.5 pounds (short and chunky). I looked back at Sierra's measurements from her 2 month appointment---she was 24 inches long and only 10.5 pounds. No wonder Sedona looks so much bigger to me, she's got extra weight on a shorter frame! Sedona got her first vaccines, Sierra lucked out for now (she'll go back for a flu shot when they get delivered). Everyone checked out fine on the development questions.

Sierra is officially starting to read :-o I've been working with her on phonics stuff at home, but her teacher has been saying for a couple of weeks that she's ready to start reading and I hear the teacher helped her through a book yesterday. She's frighteningly precocious. She is the youngest child in the school and has buddied up with the oldest child. I picked her up one day this week and when I got out of the car, I heard her yelling something, but couldn't understand her. 5 or 6 little girls are all coming towards me with Sierra in the front. Then I finally make out what she's saying...."march! march! march!" At least she's a leader, not a follower, but man am I gonna have my hands full!!!!!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...